Metro Tasmania Pty Ltd is a state-owned company established in February 1998. The company trades as Metro and operates bus services in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie. Metro is the largest passenger transport company in Tasmania.
Metro Tas is one of the most affordable and safe means of transportation in Tasmania in zones where it operates. Here key tips will be discussed to make your Metro Trip easier when you first arrive in Hobart.
- Users can load the card with credit and enjoy a 20% discount
- On regular fares and transfer between services for free within 90 minutes from the first boarding
- When you board a Metro bus, just tap your
- green Card on the driver’s ticket machine
- After you tapped on the ticket machine and the cost of the trip will be deducted from your balance
- If you don’t have a Green Card, you can either apply for it and it’s only cost 5 dollars until then you can pay your own money and catch the bus
- If you’re a student and don’t have Green Card with you, you just pay only $1.80 all zones. An accompanied child less than five years of age are free
Applying for a Green Card
You can apply for a Green Card online by clicking here. Or you can visit any Metro outlet and can get a Green Card on Store. Full-time students receive concessions while applying for Green Card.
Metro TAS App
Everything you need to navigate the Metro Tasmania bus network in the palm of your hand.
With the Metro Tas App you can
- Plan your next trip
- Save your favourite destinations (including work, school and home) and your favourite trips
- Manage your Greencard account (including check your balance, view trip history, and top up your card)
- View the latest news and updates about bus schedules
Download the Metro Tas App today at: